Soligor TM 35mm SLR
This is a relatively short post about the Soligor TM 35mm slr camera because it is virtually identical to the Miranda Sensomat which I have already covered in one of my other vintage camera posts.
Soligor TM Images
My Soligor TM Camera
I bought this camera because I wanted to see how different it was from the Sensomat. It was a version produced for Soligor by Miranda with the usual Miranda dual mount replaced with a standard M42 screw thread mount. This made the camera easy to use with a variety of different lenses made by lots of different manufacturers.
I paid £5 for the camera body because it had a fault with the slow shutter speeds but, as with the Sensomat, that was an easy fix by just applying a small amount of oil on the escapement. There was a small amount of dust and dirt on the body which easily cleaned off, and the focusing screen was incredibly dirty. Again, that’s a job I’ve already done on the Miranda series so cleaning it will be relatively easy. Unfortunately I don’t have a standard 50mm soligor lens in M42 mount, so I’ve fitted a Meyer-Optik Domiplan to the camera body for the purposes of the pictures above.
The differences between the Soligor version and the Miranda version are very superficial and minor. After a careful examination the only changes I could find were
- No front shutter release fitted
- Lens mount is m42 rather than Miranda dual mount
- Top shutter release has slightly different styling
- Identification marking saying Soligor rather than Miranda
Since the cameras are virtually identical please see the Sensomat post for more details
Soligor TM specs
The soligor TM specs almost exactly mirror the Sensomat RE
- Soligor TM 35mm SLR
- Year of manufacture 1971
- Removable/Replaceable viewfinder with lots of viewfinder options
- Centre circle micro prism focusing aid
- Bayonet and screw thread lens mount
- Top plate release only
- Cable release socket
- Beautifully engineered
- 1 – 1/1000 sec + B Focal Plane shutter
- FP & X flash sync
- Centre mounted tripod bush
- Depth of field preview built into metering mode
- Manual available on-line here.